As we look toward the commencement of non-league football in what we hope is the not so distant future, we have been working hard on putting a strategy together which follows both government and FA guidelines as to how we can safely bring fans back into Sandygate.
There have been several developments coming from both organisations, and to coincide with the FA guidelines on COVID-19, we have appointed a COVID-19 officer, created a mission statement and risk assessment for moving forward. We are also constantly making changes and implicating new measures in both the 1860 Bar and the stadium itself to keep, you, and ourselves safe. For those who have visited the 1860 Bar recently will have already seen some of these control measures.
So far, the club has implemented the 2 metre social distancing rules as advised by the government throughout both bar and stadium, have introduced a one-way system into the bar as well as new seating arrangements with hand sanitiser on all tables. We are also partaking in the track and trace system by asking all visitors and customers to sign in with basic contact details should we need to get in touch. As well as this, we have introduced signage in several areas of the ground, such as the main entrance, walkways leading to and from the bar and main stand area, inside the bar and also the toilets which remind and advise you on the current government guidelines, and social distancing.
When the league restart becomes clearer, we will be implementing further changes on matchdays which will allow fans to enjoy football at Sandygate once more, and in most importantly in a safe environment for all. Some of these measures include;
- Increase of signage around the ground, and stands to help maintain social distancing
- Changes of how we serve food to reduce chances of contamination
- Increasing the opportunity to pay by card or contactless payment
- Implementing a one in-one out system to communal toilets
- Ensure hand sanitiser is available throughout the premises
You can download and read our full risk assessment to look at our control measures in more detail. As guidelines and information changes, we will be reassessing and amended our risk assessment, with revisions of the risk assessment then made available.
As well as the club making things as safe as possible, we please ask all fans and customers coming to the bar or ground adhere to the following advise;
- Please stick to the social distancing guidelines in place
- Sign in when coming into the premises, which is done in the 1860 Bar
- Please be patient with staff and volunteers, as we are doing what we can to keep everyone safe, which may mean longer queues for entry, food, and drinks
Lastly, we really do hope to see you soon, and when we get an update on the league restart or allowing fans back into the stadium, we will announce this in due course. For the time being, stay safe and look after one another.
To view the full Risk Assessment please click here COVID 19 Risk Assessment